Thursday, June 7, 2012

The New Kindle 3G


I love reading books, how about you? Opening a new book is like entering into a new world waiting to be explored, with new scenes, characters, worlds and universes. Once you start reading a book you're entering that world and basically sucked in, just wishing to finish it and start a new book, explore a new world.

I didn't think there will ever come a time I'll stop reading actual books but after the first Kindle came out, I found myself reading almost every book from Kindle. I remember at first, I had a lot of doubt about this product. I thought it's a nice gimmick but not for me, I'll keep on reading books and not use a computer screen no matter how small it is, books were not intended to be read this way. Boy was I wrong...

I first had my hands on the Kindle when I heard a friend of mine decided to purchase it. I thought I'd go and see for myself this item, see if there is any real "competition" against real books and people like me who are (or were) old-school. To tell you the truth, I was pretty impressed with it. It was small, slim, it had great lightning and the fonts were of actual books so the overall feeling was you are reading a real book, only lighter and brighter (of-course you can adjust the light level which is very nice). Still, I thought it will be like all new things, there will be the first buzz and excitement and then back to regular books, so my friend and I made a bet that he'll land me the Kindle for a week and promised I'll fall in love with it.

I accepted the challenge and in that week I found myself taking it everywhere. I first thought I did it just in case I won't lose it, it wasn't mine after all but all in all, my friend was right and I do owe him for it. I started downloading every book I wanted and instead of carrying with me tens or hundreds of books, I just took the Kindle with me and all books were already there. I was able to read in light or dark with no need to turn lights in the entire room I was in, it is a great device.

Now, there is a new device in town and it's called Kindle 3G. You can imagine I was among the firsts to buy it and it's even better. Just so you'll get a feeling of what this thing can do, here are some of its best features:

- There is no glare, so you can read which ever book you desire even in bright sunlight

- It has a new design, it's 21% smaller in body with 6 inch size for reading

- It can store up to 3,500 books

- You can download new books into the Kindle 3G in 60 seconds anywhere in the world

- It comes with a free 3G wireless technology with no annual contracts or monthly payments

- There's a built-in Wi-Fi so you can go online anywhere globally

- It has a free 3G web browsing

And many other cool new features.

So yes, I was skeptic when I first heard of the Kindle but now I have the new Kindle 3G and can't be happier. It allows me to read any book I want anywhere in the world, download new books fast and above all, it is fun, easy, light and the next big thing in technology. I recommend it to anyone and that comes from a person who was sure he won't get one. I say try it and see for yourself, this truly is a great item to try that won't get buried in the closet.

Have a good day everybody!




For more information, features and customer reviews of the product please visit the Kindle 3G site.




No comments:

Post a Comment