Friday, June 8, 2012

Oh, My Gosh! Why Don't I Have A Kindle 3 Ebook Reader?


If you are still one of the millions of people who enjoy reading books, but you have yet to invest in the Amazon Kindle 3 Ebook Reader, maybe you need to know a little bit more about the great advantages of owning this fascinating technology. I know where you are coming from, because I resisted the urge to become part of the Kindle family for years.

The Kindle was first introduced in 2007, and it was only the price that stopped me from testing it out at that time. I am glad I waited, since there were a few bugs and issues that needed sorting out and updating. I bought my Kindle in 2010 and got the Kindle 3 WI-Fi version. It has met all my expectations and more. Below are some of the great reasons for getting a Kindle:

1. You can now carry all your current reading material in one device that weighs less than that of a normal paperback book. Literally, it only weighs 10.3 ounces and measures 7.5 x 5.3 and is very thin! It is such a pleasure to have more than one book with me at one time. There are times when I want to read something serious or maybe something a little lighter. Now I have choices without being loaded down with several pounds of books.

2. You can store all your PDF files on the Kindle and not be locked in to having to sit at your computer and read them there.

3. You can browse the online bookstore for new titles and even download the first chapter of most books to see if you want to purchase the books. This is just fantastic when you are not sure if you have read the book, if it is well written, if you like the author's style, etc. Read the first chapter and see if it is worth purchasing.

4. You can get your newspaper, magazine and blog subscriptions delivered directly to your Kindle, so no more having to stop by the newsstand or waiting for the paperboy or mailman! You have immediate access to all of them, plus you can often get them before the hardcopies reach the stands.

5. You can adjust the font, font size, spacing and even words per line to make your reading easier or more convenient for your personal tastes. This is wonderful for people with eye problems or when your eyes feel a bit strained. Just adjust the print size; it's quick and easy to do.

6. There are literally 1000s of free books for downloading, so you can explore many new authors, genres and languages all for FREE! I have downloaded books on subjects that I would never have considered spending money on and found several new areas of interest.

7. The print is so clear and easy to read that is better than reading a real book. Even though the pictures are in black and white, okay in greyscale, everything is very clear.

8. You get free internet access, so you can browse the internet and stay in touch and it is all for FREE! No monthly charges... brilliant. Please understand it is not the same as using a PC or laptop, but it does work and is a handy thing to have.

9. When you do not feel like reading a book, you can turn on the speech-to-text feature and listen to your book being read to you. This is a real nice feature if you drive a lot and do not want to listen to music or talk radio.

10. My last reason is perhaps a bit personal, but I strongly believe that we need to save our natural resources. Every time I do not purchase a physical book or newspaper, I am helping to save a tree. As more people switch to ereaders like the Kindle, we are all making a small impact on our planet's finite resources.




There are lot more reasons to buy a Kindle, and you can learn more about some the great features at  www.kindleebookreaderreview.com I do hope that physical books will still be part of my life and yours, since there is something comforting about the smell and feel of a good book, but the future will definitely belong to ereaders like the KINDLE 3 eBook Reader.




No comments:

Post a Comment